Friends, save for the occaisional song or random link we're gonna be pausing activity on the blog for a little while.
Here's some of the better stuff that made its way to publication over the history of the blog. More recent blogging can be found over here at Digital Cities. You can also find a copy of my recent article, "Big Data and the Promise of a 'Computational' Social Science", over here at Critical Planning.
Arts and Culture
- Random Notes on Time Travel (part I)
- "candles, cotton, and alcohol"
- Winter Calamities in the Devil's Playground
- The Making of "Tomorrow Never Knows", plus thoughts on the Beatles in 1966
Politics and Economics
- The City of the Future (Detroit Edition)
- Thoughts on Management Philosophy and Corporate Culture, Via Pixar
- The Economic Value of Higher Teacher Quality
- An Old-School Quant on Science, Ethics, Wall Street, and the Financial Crisis
Science and Technology